Sunday, May 17, 2009

Zip. Zilch. Nada.

Been five days since the naught discussed exam took place. Does the world look brighter, more colourful? Meh. Airier is all. Been sleeping more, jabbering more, online more, on the streets more… more of a slob than before, to be brief. Before the break, you’re so full of ideas… you see yourself chasing food fests and reading loads, catching up with friends and ‘doing something’, getting all artsy and going backpacking. But once the break has been flagged off, you’re lazybones reloaded. Combine that with some stubborn writers’ block and what you get is zilch. Nothing. One half of me wants to do a poll to pick a topic – that evil li’l thing! – while the other sincerely believes I should have taken up that moviemaker’s offer, auditioned or summat. Whatever’s left wants me to clean up the cobwebs.

Thing is, I’m rather okay with the decadence. I don’t really mind being a bum… except for every now and then. What I’d love to be doing right now is river rafting. What a way to wake up entirely! Had a go on the Teesta river in WB once – absolutely divine! One wild river, that. 20 minutes - You sing, you laugh, you have adrenaline pumping through you and of course, you work the oars. You bloody well work the oars. In that sense, rafting is one foolproof way of forging trust. The part about appreciating nature comes after you’re off the raft. Because really, when the alternative to singing and getting a kick out of it is thinking about how you can’t brake when the ride gets dangerously rash, you prefer to yell out jumbled lyrics. The best part is, no one's gonna notice.

Right, rafting. Upper limit on adventurous right now would be cooking up something fourth-worldly to guzzle down minus the beer. Third front : fourth front :: third world : fourth world. Get it? No, shaddup.

- - -

Ah. I figured I was rather thick skinned, all set to have ‘Bring It On!!’ emblazoned on my tee and stuff, but wow. Waking up to reactions along the lines of Tweak and Delete can do weird things to one’s epidermis. What the sun can do, you guys can too. So for the sake of my skin people, do be kind and leave comments telling me what part of the post did or did not go down well with you. A spot test is all very well since it gives out an idea about how the post was received, but it’s the comments that really let me in on what you’re thinking. No doofus, a comment doesn’t mean a compliment – anything constructive would be most welcome. So pull out your keyboards, and get your good deed for the day in place. Much thanks.

- - -

Daily dose of ramble shamble - MS Word sees ‘shamble’ and ‘shambles’ as different words. Obviously. No, I meant that in the context of what synonyms they provide, not how they’re spelt. ‘Shamble’ goes down as waddling or dragging your feet but ‘shambles’ is a muddle or a dump. And and and, ‘shamble’ is put down as a synonym for ‘shambles’. What a mess! See how shambling through the shambles of the thesaurus maker’s mind would make for difficult times? Uh, nevermind.

Have a lazy weekend. What, ideas? I freelance, sure.

3 comments:

Duck Vader said...

I've been telling you to go boating with me for so long.. I'll even let you work the oars! :P

Eh, lighten up. Just because some random dope thought it would be funny to press the delete button doesn't mean that the post is utter rubbish. I like what I'm reading. :)

Duck Vader said...

Oh and Blogspot is effing terrible, I had to retype my comment 3 times before I realised that it wasn't working with firefox. :X

And my old comments (Uh.. 2 to be exact.. :P ) didn't get posted either. :|

Shweta said...

Boating just doesn't come anywhere near rafting re.. :P

Blogspot if not effing terrible - it gives me jaga to jabber! You can switch from Firefox to something more Stone Age instead.
Random dope might just be in trouble when I next see His Dopiness. Gotta go sharpen my knives, ciao!

Oh and thanks for being nice about it :)

Post a Comment