Thursday, May 28, 2009

Peeves, The Second. Bleh.

As promised, a bunch of profile peeves. And finally, the bullets make an appearance!
  • About me classics -
     “I AM WAD I AM! U cannot change moi!!!! if yu dnt lyk me den F off!!!”. What, you have some spare nylon cords? Oh, Just Do It already.
  • Another thing, almost everyone on Orkut is “relli cool.…hottt…. sexii….. nd… stylishh!!!”. Hot and cool, hot and cool. If I was a chauvinist chump, I’d say almost everyone on Orkut is working to become a female female, get what I mean? Yeah... Thing is, I’m willing to say that despite being a certified (if only biologically) female.
  • “I don’t befriend strangers so stay away!!” – this from the kid with 400+ friends. Gets you thinking.. benefit of doubt is a difficult thing to dish out.
Best part is, all of this ends with an “I don’t have an attitude problem, get it?” comment. Am I the only one to find that funny? Uhm, nevermind.

When it comes to music, people listen to 'everything'. Cuisine? Why, everything. Arr.. how do they do it!?

Books? “I hate dem!!!!!!!!! / nott in mah vocab!! lolz”. Idiots. And if not that, some wax eloquent about Nancy Drews and Agatha Christies. For real. They were good, sure, but venture out some please? I find it disturbing that people don’t want to move out of the high school reading zone or try out authors outside the Archer-Sheldon bracket. Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy them too, but sometimes, just for the sake of variety and all, ye know..?

A popular idea of a perfect first date –on an isolated beautiful island filled with greenery, surrounded by water on all sides, on a candlelit table for two. lavish dinner and then a walk along the beach. World, it’s the first date – why, unless there features a death wish or acute desperation and consequent mindblock, would someone want to be on an isolated island? People are either naïve or very naïve. I just know I’m going to get attacked for this one. Defense put off till then. :l

And then you have the frandship brand. You buy it for the first 10 seconds, then decide it’s a joke profile and have a good laugh. Fine fine, maybe not in every case. Yeah, right. Whatever be it, they make for interesting reads. Many testimonials have people paying homage, and rightly so. After all, who else offers 'frandship and loveship advice to strangers drifting in the ship of life'? Difficult to miss this one, but in case you haven’t been here before - http://www.orkut.co.in/Main#Profile.aspx?uid=14707071151543310205

- - -

I’ve been thinking. Yes. People (yes, I'm 'people' too) come off as ruder/snarkier online than they really are, nay? Heh, I sure hope so.
So long.

0 comments:

Post a Comment