Sunday, May 10, 2009

Writer's Block. Already.

7 minutes since the first 'Draft autosaved' notification showed up. The Internet's way of hurrying me up. Clones all. It would be flattering if the chap was actually saving the first post by some future ka bigshot blogger. But when someone thinks they're doing you a favour by saving spreads of spotless white.. uhmm. Lets just say its more of a dampener than not.


Ever had conversations with your Mum where she goes "What's that thing anyway?". Yeah.. Well, in this household, when the mother goes "What's this?", its usually something gadget related. And usually something so elementary, that even I can answer it. I always knew there was a reason I have a dabba-illiterate mother. To make me feel like a citizen of the New World and shit. I love you, Ma. Gotta drop the "and shit". Chalo, ek aur resolution.

Coming back to the point - We have a "What's a blog?" convo. Now I have to play my part, so I come up with an oh-so-gyaani "Just this place online where you go write" comment. Blank look. Reply deemed unsatisfactory. I then proceed to outline foodie blogs (first thing that came to mind, to be honest..), techno blogs (last thing I'd want to be doing - honest!), random everyday nothing-better-to-do blogs. Also let in that I'll probably land up doing something along the lines of the last bit, if and when. Polite interest. Earn myself a "You should blog". Smiley all. End topic.

Now, the bigger point being - This is most definitely a NBTD post. (Work that out and you'll know you deserve to be reading this. Loser. Ha!) When you're reading some random dude's blog, NBTDs are fun. Kinda like leafing through a M&B or summat. Had you hooked? Lucky you, found the needle! If not - chal koi gal nahi, ghanta hi toh laga tha. But man, when its your own blog.. ahh. You know you can come up with better bakwas, par kya kare, writers' block. Convenient thing, that. Ditto for hormones.


A confession is called for - I dont have the guts, the 'daring', to scroll up and go over what I've written. It could be babble. It could be worse. Maybe even a drug to induce permanent writer's block. I dont know. And as much of a sadist as you may be, no treat tonight darling, sorry. I ain't checking.

Well okay, I might just. Wont change a thing though - pinkie swear. Left pinkie swear. And the pinkie is finger number... *cackles*

0 comments:

Post a Comment